Categories of Membership
Four membership categories are developed in the Malaysian Spanish Chamber of Commerce and Industry, La Cámara , with names and corresponding annual fees listed below:
|Corporate member||RM 960.00||Corporate Membership is specifically for companies who have a registered office in Malaysia.|
|Affiliate||RM 600.00||Companies who are based inside & outside Malaysia are eligible for this membership. It provides direct contact with the Spanish Chamber and its members. Any organisation or Government bodies involved and interested in the promotion of Malaysian Spanish business relations may apply as an Affiliate Member.|
|Individual||RM 360.00||Any individual, who are currently living in Malaysia, involved and interested in the promotion of Malaysian Spanish business relations|
|Honorary Member||By Invitation Only||The Executive Committee may from time to time invite any person worthy of such distinction to become an Honorary Member.|
|Entrance Fee||RM 200.00||One time payment at the time of Membership.|
Eligibility of Membership
Any company, firms, non-governmental organizations and individuals having a direct or indirect Malaysian Spanish interest or who in the opinion of the Executive Committee is interested in promoting and furthering the objectives of MSCCI and is suitably qualified shall, with its consent, be eligible for Membership. The said person must be willing to bind itself to observe the Memorandum and Articles of Association
All the applications must be approved by the Board of Directors.
Individual members must be in complete use of their civil rights. When referring to legal persons, they must be legally incorporated and in exercise of its social object.
Each member must accept the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Chamber and the internal regulations in force at the time and act accordingly.
No employee within the payroll of the Chamber can be a member, and if any member would later render remunerated services to the Chamber, the membership status will be lost automatically.
Any member who has been declared bankrupt, or, if a Corporate member, has been placed in voluntary or compulsory liquidation, may be expelled from the Chamber.
Any member who is subject of criminal proceeding, or who, by his conduct and public pronouncements, is liable to bring the Spanish business community into discredit, may have his membership suspended or be expelled.
Benefits of Membership
Members of the Chamber can benefit in business expansion, interests protection and self-promotion in the following ways:
- Inclusion of Members’ profiles into the Chamber’s Annual Directory, which provides a precious platform for members to get into the Malaysian market, and helps them to build extensive business relationships.
- Institutional representation based on the Chamber’s mandate of defending and supporting the interests of the Chamber’s members.
- Access to official delegations and trade missions.
- Invitations to seminars, receptions, and various social events.
- Conduction of exclusive events for members.
- Opportunities of advertising and self-promoting through the Chamber’s official webpage.
- Open access to existing publications and the library of the Chamber.
- Personal promotion of member’s products and services through various ways of distribution.
- Access to the Virtual Chamber.
- Discounts in different outlets and activities throughout Malaysia.